When I made this paper cake several years ago, I remember thinking how cool it would be if there were a way to create each piece with the Big Shot. With my paper cake, I had to print out each separate piece onto cardstock and cut them out by hand. Yes, it was a ton of work, but I didn’t mind. I love my job and I will do whatever it takes to make everything perfect!
Fast forward about five years and my patience for waiting for a die to cut the pieces has paid off! In the new 2015-2016 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, not only is there the Cutie Pies Thinlits Die to cut the individual cake pieces, but there is also an entire project kit to create a two-tiered cake. The kit even includes a fun cake stand! Let me show you the two different ways you can create your own paper cake.
Here is the finished project from the kit:
Here are the pieces included in the kit:
Watch a how-to video on how to assemble the Sweet Stack cake, brought to you by Alisha from Stampin’ Up!
Wondering which one you should buy? Let me help you decide!
BUY THE CUTIE PIE THINLITS DIES IF:
- you want to make an unlimited amount of cake pieces
- you want to make cake pieces with your choice of card stock colors and/or Designer Series Paper
- you want to make an individual treat box or a whole cake
- you want to use the additional dies included in the set to add bows, tags, and embellishments to your treat box, cake, or any other project
BUY THE SWEET STACK PROJECT KIT IF:
- you need a quick party decoration that doubles as party favors, too
- you want all of the prep work done for you; all you need to do is assemble the boxes
- you need a cake stand
So basically, order the Sweet Stack Project Kit if you want a one-time cake. Order the Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies if you want to make an unlimited amount of cake boxes. No matter which option you choose, you will also want to use the Sweet Stack Photopolymer Stamp Set to stamp images and tags for your project.
Now I need to go eat a piece. I’m happy that my neighbor sent over the leftover cake from her party. The icing is so good!!!