DIY Gift Card Holder:
The Who, What, Why, and How
Welcome, Daytime TV viewers! Thanks for tuning in to watch my DIY gift card holder tutorial. Let’s ignore COVID for a minute and pretend things are normal. If there is one thing on which we can all agree, it’s that no matter how much we plan ahead and believe that we have everything under control during the holidays, it is inevitable that we always need a last-minute gift.
One easy way to solve this problem is to purchase a gift card. You can easily “cover your tracks,” so-to-speak, and make it a little less obvious that your gift was (GASP!) a last-minute purchase by adding some handmade fun into the mix. The recipient of your gift will be so impressed and touched by your thoughtfulness that he or she won’t even realize that you grabbed a gift card at the last minute.
Anyone can make this fun gift card holder! From kids to adults, even if you aren’t a paper crafter, you can easily use items from around your home to create this project. Just follow my video tutorial and you will be well on your way to getting your creative juices flowing and to sparking the fun of creating something handmade. There really is a special meaning to receiving a card that was made by hand just for you.
Supplies From Around Your House
- glue or double-sided sticky tape
- different sized tin cans
- stickers, crayons, colored pencils, stamps, ink, ribbon, glitter, or anything you have that you can use to decorate your card
Supplies for Paper Crafters
Just click on a picture for more info!
Measurements and Tutorial
- take a piece of 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper or card stock and fold it in half “hot dog style” aka lengthwise
- cut along the fold line. you’ll now have two pieces of paper that each measure 4-1/4″ x 11
- now fold a piece of the 4-1/4″ x 11″ paper in half “hamburger style” across the middle
- take one of the “hamburger buns” aka one side of the folded paper and fold it in at 2-1/2″
- use glue or double-sided tape to tape down the sides of the 2-1/2″ section of the paper. Make sure you leave open the top so you can insert the gift card
- decorate the card any way you want to
(for a more in-depth step-by-step tutorial on how to make the gift card holder, visit my YouTube tutorial HERE.)
Stamping with Charlene Reward Program and Social Media Links
If you are new to Stamping with Charlene, welcome!
- Please check out my reward program! I would love to have you participate. If you decide to place an order for crafting supplies from my online store, be sure to enter my current host code if your order totals $25 to $149.99 before tax and shipping and I will mail you a small free gift during the first week of the following month.
- You can join me every Tuesday night at 8pm eastern on YouTube for “Almost Live” Stamping with Charlene. I watch along with you, comment live, and answer any questions you might have about that week’s project.
- Please sign up for my newsletter so you won’t miss out on any exciting announcements and special promotions. The sign-up is at the bottom of this page and on my sidebar.
- You can join my Stamping with Charlene Facebook page!
- Gift certificates are available!! You can purchase and download one as a last-minute gift 🙂
- I offer monthly card classes in the mail! The details for my next class will be posted on this page on January 5th. Be sure to watch my YouTube video on Tuesday, January 5th at 8pm eastern for all the details on the January class.